WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

GothicUnderworld - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* GothicUnderworld > Topics

Subject: X Stereotypes/ing X
Replies: 12 Views: 1266

lucaria 22.04.10 - 08:16pm
Ok, i had some kids shouting at me in school about voodoo dolls and other stuff stereotypically associated with goths and sometimes emos.(im a goth/emo, go figure) so i thought id make this to REALLY let you get out your feelings, rants, b***hings ect about stereotypes, the kid culture stereotype (goth, chav, emo ect) and the way people are looked at because of a label. :) *

g0th.bby 23.04.10 - 05:16pm
I totally agree! Just because we look different doesn't mean we are horrible people. If someone judges you by the way you look then they are either scared or they are just being pure nasty! Personally, i hate chavs. They just think they're better than everyone else! Us goths, metalheads and emo types should be proud to be different. I most certainly am! :D *

lusypher 25.04.10 - 03:12am
Stereo-typing against the Gothic Culture, people who will never understand who or what we are we have been around for 30yrs and they still have'nt a clue. All they think is he/she looks weird or were classed as a freak show because we are diferent from everyone else, we should be all walking with our heads held high in dignity and be proud for who we all are we are a unique culture which is very obscure or unusual and very disturbing to the norms of this world. Well i got told i look like uncle fester on a bad day out. I just smile & thank them. But being a mancunian the Chav's as we class these people who dress up in Sports gear usually dripping in fake gold who dont do any sports at all. So who are they to class or ridicule. At least we aint fake. Im a gothic/pagan biker who loves dark metal. and very proud i must say. *

lucaria 25.04.10 - 06:26pm
Has anyone seen the British movie st trinians? There Are goths and emos on there. Shown doing a seonce (sp) and i just stared and stared. I might be speaking for myself but surely our stereotype doesnt include a seconce? I hate chavs, if i 'stereotypically' had to do any witchcraft it would be to get rid of the plastic spatiscs. Im goth/emo, hiya chavs, come and get me. :) *

g0th.bby 25.04.10 - 06:30pm
Lucaria i agree and yes i've seen that film once. My sister made me watch it lol. It's typical, people think because we dress in black and wear black make up and so on that we do witchcraft and stuff. Not all of us do? I don't anyway but i'am fascinated with magic and all sorts. I believe in ghosts and spirits. *

lucaria 25.04.10 - 07:11pm
So do i. Them there was a chav who came up to me and gan (yes, gan) slit ya wrists ya sweaty. Best reply is you first. but where did sweaty come from. Does anyone else get called a sweaty by chavs? Oh and find the lyrics to a song called i am gothic. Its by spray. I like the song but the lyrics make me wanna slit my wrists and write poetry (see what i did there lol) *

g0th.bby 25.04.10 - 07:21pm
Sweaty? Are you sure you don't mean sweety? That seems weird to be calling you a sweaty because i think it's a Scottish thing lol confuse.GIF. Oi missy there'll be no talk of suicide in here. It's a sore subject for many. *

lucaria 25.04.10 - 07:24pm
The slit wrists thing was a play on how badly we are seen stereotypically. And nope, they call me a sweaty :s *

g0th.bby 25.04.10 - 07:29pm
Ah ok, sorry. Erm.. ok confuse.GIF!! That's so weird, lol. *

lucaria 25.04.10 - 07:33pm
I know. Its funny when they say ' ya sweaty' coz its like a question so i just answer 'nope are you?' but it isnt just chavs, some adults judge us too :( *

g0th.bby 29.04.10 - 11:47am
back to the subject lol.. :) i got commented on the other day because in my profile pic i'm wearing a pink pj top that means i'am not a goth confuse.GIF! i was shocked lol i'm more of a metalhead than a goth and i'll dress the way i want to thank you very much.. :D *

lucaria 29.04.10 - 12:00pm
Yeah. I hate when people think that because Youre one stereotype you just HAVE to dress like that. *

goth_lov 11.10.11 - 08:22am
Hi u shouldn't hate ppl. Cause then they ether fear u more or hate u in return thus they start hating goths instead try an explain ur self an show ur a kind person I try this alot an am friends with lots of ppl. But I do hate the ppl who insist on not listen 2 me or mock me. An IRS hard cause am realy uber shy *

* GothicUnderworld Forum

Search:
topics replies

* GothicUnderworld

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search